Thursday, June 9, 2022

Circle Tour, Day 4 - 2022/06/09

A lovely day for working my way up into the northeast corner of Wisconsin.  There was a fog advisory that only managed to hide the sun for an hour or so, nothing to hinder visibility.  But before I left a couple of images to share in the motel.

I normally don't even turn the TV on in my room but with my shortened riding day yesterday, I needed some company.  



Out the end of the hallway on 1st floor.

I was on 3rd floor and this was a few rooms down from mine.....poopy pants most definitely.

Here we go...

The trip so far...



Spectacular homes in Oconto....

 

I had to stop and turn back for each one of these....




Back in '68-'69, we bought a lot of our motorcycle parts and accessories from these people.  I have no idea why or how this truck this trailer is in NE Wisconsin.  I haven't heard of Bell Industries for many years.  I just looked it up, now associated with Grand Rapids, MI.

Remember brother?



I stopped in to see our friend Ludwig...

He was anxious to show me his new Monkey.

Lunch at Kwik Trip...

I watched these 3 outside at the pump....one scooter, two bicycles, one of them with a gasoline engine.


A park at Niagra, on the Wisconsin border just south of Iron Mountain.  I'm in Wisconsin, Michigan across the river.



The last of my curds...

I stopped at the Perch Lake walk-in campground.


 
I had to turn around for this one too....in Phelpps. The more I looked the more I was confused about what this once was.  Now it's a disaster.  I looked it up this evening and see that it's a disaster for the town's folk as well.  It was their hospital. Dealing with it will be at great cost.

Tomorrow I'll head north and west for Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment