Sunday, July 3, 2022

Already A Full Weekend! - 2022/07/03

Friday was a busy one, a grocery run for mom, a trip to The Cities to pick up a bookshelf for Peg, garden work, lawn mowing, a short ride and after dinner, a campfire.  I'm including a bunch of random this time.

More beautiful early-morning skies...

 
Our village Lambo....

An early breakfast ride Saturday morning, Bev's in Red Wing.

Twelve years ago, July 2nd.  The Helix was in Cornucopia and Herbster. 


We went to Red Wing for coffee....

And Maple Bacon doughnuts...

We visited the Depot and Art Gallery....


While Peg spent the week in Amsterdam, I was left in charge as you know.  Always on the lookout, I noticed a car stopped up along the road at the edge of what use to be our farm's corner.  It was there...and there...returned....and was there.  It didn't occur to me right away but eventually the connections were made.  Only after I saw cars stopped and people standing in front of easels in strategic locations.

The road is ours, the driveway ours.  Poor Tadas, the Dusty Road was all of that and more!!

After some wonderful art seen (I'm going back for more) we walked across the tracks and down to the river.





Saturday afternoon, a very special event in Lake City, the Birthplace of Water skiing!  At 4:11 on July2, 1922, Ralph Samuelson skied on water on the Mississippi River.  At 4:11 on July 2, 2022 I was there.





  It's not always straightforward....


We saw Top Gun in the evening, I haven't been in a theater since Jo Jo Rabbit.

If you haven't visited Elmer's Museum, you better get with the progrum.  Mecum's will be there in September and after that things will never be the same.

This morning, Sunday, I was up and out for a nice Breakfast Ride.
















Sometimes I get lonely....and wave to myself


 
Wild Wings.....



A quiet, unveiled Ralph Samuelson statue....


 
I even wave to others....some of you already know that.


2 comments: