Sunday, July 5, 2020

A Week Of Wisconsin Base Camp

I decided to start my week today, Sunday and spend the 4th at home. Between the pandemic, the 100% humidity and Lake City road construction we passed on local fireworks last night. Still, I need to highlight the fact that in our almost 30 years of July 4th fireworks displays, not a single one has been rained out.

Peg had extra starter this morning and whipped up another batch of crumpets. Lucky for me, the birds have not cleaned us out of apple jelly....yet.

Casually coffee’d and packed I left in time to make SW Wisconsin by noon.  Setup complete, the bike unloaded and I was off.  Multiple Routes have been planned, if I get to them I get to them. We’ll see what happens.  This week’s predicted 90’s had me a bit concerned I have to admit but this afternoon’s  Real Feel low 100’s actually weren’t too bad.

Back in 2007 the red Ducati and red mesh jacket did an ok job of coping with that 100 we saw on the Gillette bank’s temperature reading. Later and quite recently there were some years when the zipper would start but not go up.  Zipper easily went to the top today.

It sure felt nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment