Speaking of what happens, I COULD have been out yesterday afternoon, I could have been out today, 50 degrees and all but we've still got issues with egress. The Rig and the Ariens are right in front by the big door but neither one of them, in fact no machine that we own will tolerate this faffing about.
And early this morning.....when I walked down thinking, "just maybe...."
This afternoon I spent a couple of hours playing Water Engineer with an ice chopper I managed to break most of the icebergs away, freeing up space for the water to run rather than dam up on our driveway. It was progress and especially fun watching that 4' x 3' x 2' tall ice berg break away. We're still island dwellers but great leaps have been made forward.
Peg and I just walked down before it got dark. The good news, the water is really flowing and will flow all night. The bad news, it's still too deep to walk across but I'm thinking by morning....
The organized events....
- May 3-4-5 Slimey Crud, van and trailer Richland Center, not sure which bike
- May 17-18-19 GR3, a bike at Soldiers Grove, not sure which one
- June 21-22-23 Minnesota Guzzi, Grand Marais, I'm riding the V-Star cruiser up so no dirty riding. I might go up Thursday night, motel on the way.
- July 12-13-14 Iowa Guzzi, Elkader. Not sure which bike
- July 18 - August 4 Black Hills/Northern Colorado. Van, trailer and Himalayan.
- August 29 - September 2 Wildcat Rally, Westby Wisconsin.
- October 4-5-6 Slimey Crud, Richland Center, Van/trailer
Also, a proper scattering of overnights at the very least in between; we'll do our best. Hope to see some of you out there or know that you're out finding your own events and destinations.
Just had to add this; I feel better every time I look at it/them.