Friday, March 22, 2019

I Am Hoping 2019

There are finally some dates....and some dates in between with some High Hopes but we'll see what happens.  Since there have been quite a few questions lately, I thought it was high time that I get some of the dates on the public calendar.

Speaking of what happens, I COULD have been out yesterday afternoon, I could have been out today, 50 degrees and all but we've still got issues with egress.  The Rig and the Ariens are right in front by the big door but neither one of them, in fact no machine that we own will tolerate this faffing about.



 And early this morning.....when I walked down thinking, "just maybe...."





This afternoon I spent a couple of hours playing Water Engineer with an ice chopper I managed to break most of the icebergs away, freeing up space for the water to run rather than dam up on our driveway.  It was progress and especially fun watching that 4' x 3' x 2' tall ice berg break away.  We're still island dwellers but great leaps have been made forward.

Peg and I just walked down before it got dark.  The good news, the water is really flowing and will flow all night.  The bad news, it's still too deep to walk across but I'm thinking by morning....

The organized events....

  • May 3-4-5    Slimey Crud, van and trailer Richland Center, not sure which bike
  • May 17-18-19    GR3, a bike at Soldiers Grove, not sure which one
  • June 21-22-23   Minnesota Guzzi, Grand Marais, I'm riding the V-Star cruiser up so no dirty riding.  I might go up Thursday night, motel on the way.
  • July 12-13-14    Iowa Guzzi, Elkader.  Not sure which bike
  • July 18 - August 4   Black Hills/Northern Colorado.  Van, trailer and Himalayan. 
  • August 29 - September 2    Wildcat Rally, Westby Wisconsin.
  • October 4-5-6    Slimey Crud, Richland Center,  Van/trailer

Also, a proper scattering of overnights at the very least in between; we'll do our best.  Hope to see some of you out there or know that you're out finding your own events and destinations.


Just had to add this; I feel better every time I look at it/them.

 

15 comments:

  1. Have never seen hats like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg thinks I should have one, she's looking for the pattern and if she can't find one, she'll make her own.

      Delete
  2. Your comments re water engineer reminded me of the early pre-ural days....shoveling a path out to the main streets that were plowed, then ensuring channels existed to allow melting snow to drain away instead of pooling and icing up overnight. I must have been quite the sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to play on the street at this time of year, 'helping' the water flow as it was supposed to. I was out there with my ice chopper, cutting glaciers off and dropping them into the water. It's surprising how the flowing water can take so long to dissolve water that's solid.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I was going to leave a separate comment but then, I read your reply! Oh yeah......I was sure I had memories of that! I still play that way in the complex I live in. Child-LIKE, not child-ISH!
      Woo hoo!

      Delete
  3. I'm in for 3 of the gigs... the usual suspects well miss ya at R/America... but fear not.. they'll leave the tab at the café for ya to pick up... we'll get the tip. Woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't missed very may R/A weekends but this year will be an exception, at least I hope so. Just let Vicky know that the tab is mine, we'll settle up in '20.

      Delete
  4. I just discovered that I left one event out (thanks Eric! - completely missed it)

    May 31 - June 2nd MN BMW Hiawatha Rally, Money Creek, MN, bike ridden TBD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call them "buddy hats",we can wear them with out a helmet and our "ears" would be flapping,like a dog with its head sticking out of a car window with a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your dance card is getting full for the summer. Hopefully the stars align and you make it to all of the planned events and more.

    Sure hope you can cross the driveway soon. It is a good thing you love where you live or it might be tougher to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, when I list everything it almost looks like too much.

      Almost.

      Driveway is healing, slowly. Frost gradually coming out though water still running across the roadway. A couple more days should do it!

      Delete