Thursday, October 25, 2018

Makes A Better Photograph.....


By late summer I was quite sure that I'd pass the 7k mile total on the Himalaya this season and this evening it happened.  A wet and cool weekend is predicted .... but the annual Swan Ride happens the first Sunday in November so we may not be done yet....:)  I was almost home this evening from my ride when I saw the odometer read 6995 and a quick estimate of my distance from home told me that I'd get the 7000 mark before making it to the garage.  Arriving home from work this afternoon, 55 degrees and quite cloudy combined with this weekend's forecast got me out quickly to the garage; Riding Weather!




 It's been awhile since I'd been out to the Cannon Bottoms and it seemed like a good place to visit this afternoon.  The Mississippi is still (again) high and it said, "ROAD CLOSED".






 Prairie Island Nuclear generation is less than a mile away.


Wasn't gonna do it......









On the way to Welch....





7 comments:

  1. 7K miles in only one summer. I think you may as well thin out the garage as it seems you've found your favorite bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, funny that you mention some thinning....that seed may have been planted this fall. Things are at the very least, being considered.

      Delete
  2. …. wonder what goes with a slice of Himmy pie.. ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good summer's worth of riding. I don't get close to that on both bikes! Have to step up my game, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, only do what's comfortable. I have no better advice.

      Delete
  4. Big dollars represented in photo number 12

    ReplyDelete