Another Theme'd Post and it wasn't part of any plan but adequately describes the 'big' events that have been happening around here. We had a few May-like days in March....teasers they were...but now we're back to the harsh reality of early April weather. Some, not too much, moisture that we were becoming quite short of, temperatures back to season norm. Often the recipients of a wet autumn season, it wasn't to be in '20 with a winter that brought us precious little snow our soil moisture content was way down. It's been a windy couple of weeks and those few warm days brought us fire danger that we normally aren't very familiar with.
When the weather's been fit, Peg and I have been busy working on the garden beds, raised bed with more structure than our raised beds have had in the past. When we first arrived on the farm back around '90, our garden(s) were growing in size and number of varieties grown, crescendoing and then falling off as the house was being built, kids were being schooled, Peg's furthering education, 4H.....and so on. The last couple of years, a few herbs, a row of tomatoes and some fading rhubarb that hasn't seen much proper care.
Now that we're both spending a bit more time at home (no commuting for Peg), interest in gardening has returned or so I'm told ;) Cedar panels were ordered, assembled and loosely laid out according to a carefully constructed plan.
A used tiller was sourced nearby and brought home...
After a heavy day of gardening, I managed to squeeze in a late evening Elite ride.
A new GPS arrived over the winter, a few of us are now owners of the same model. The information flow back and forth has been extensive as we come to understand our new machines. Now to get them out and accomplishing something!
A new mower (finally!!) arrived, the semi wanted nothing to do with our driveway so I helped the trucker ease the big pallet onto the barely large enough liftgate and down to the side of the road. I made relatively quick work of getting it off the pallet and down the muddy driveway....in the rain. But....trucker Nick and I had a lot to discuss, taking way more time jabbering than I took uncrating the new mower....his GS1200 was a little much to handle out in CO...after the 4th time on its side, he'd had enough. A more moderate Husqvarna or KTM is in his very near future. He and his dad are anxious to run parts of the TAT before dad loses interest and the ability to do it.
Our brand new yellow lawnmower looked very leopard-like by the time I got it to the garage, well...within 100' of the garage ...when I ran out of gas. We finally made it all the way in.
The crops need a home....Pronto! They're getting longer legs than those runway models!
So, when I brought the tiller home and unloaded the trailer, I backed around our parking area "Y" and felt a big bump....I'd run over something but had seen nothing....something was much bigger than a stone in the driveway. This pipe is 12' long and easily could have been pushed deeper.
Take a look and see how this has hopefully been resolved....Once And For All!