Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I Knew

 I knew there would be magic....

I'd seen the clouds....I looked at the radar....a ride was absolutely, positively necessary.



Just a short ride, the back way into Red Wing.  Up the valley where the "home place" was.

I saw it coming.....and stopped at my favorite, locally owned hybrid Fast / Sitdown restaurant for my old favorite, 1/2 Deli Sandwich and a Cup of Soup.


Double rainbow...

The rain came, the wind followed.

I enjoyed my dinner and took advantage of a 2nd cup while waiting for the worst of it to blow through.  Then it was a perfect time to once again visit Memorial Park.


Last winter I attended some Community Ed classes on Red Wing history, a very enjoyable series covering the distant and more current past.  At one of those sessions, the Kiwanis presented an overview of plans to modernize the overlook and were looking for all ideas and suggestions.  I was in the park just a couple of weeks ago and construction hadn't yet started.

A new look indeed!





 Absolutely, positively worth getting a little wet!


4 comments:

  1. Very cool storm and cloud photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, it was fun being out though I was inside during the worst part of it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a mighty storm cell. Amazing rainbow. Love the colours of this weather pattern. Thanks for letting yourself be rained on in order to deliver these pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, I was watching things pretty closely and was willing to take the gamble of getting to the diner before the worst took place....I got it right this time. After that, mostly just road spray.

      All deemed to be worth it

      Delete