Monday, October 23, 2017

Sunday's Mix

It started in the predawn hours...finishing up Richard Galbraith's Cuckoo's Calling and then after sunrise, a Board Meeting ( I just take notes ).



Out for the ride that I had hoped would happen on Saturday.


River still high though down a couple of feet from just a few days ago....


Stopped for breakfast at the South Fork, the Buffet sounded just right.  A quick text to Mark whom lives a few blocks away...."I'll be there in 15 minutes...."  It didn't even take him that long.

Mark, your company and our discussion was genuinely appreciated as always; a great way to launch into the main event for the day....The Ride.




Saw the sign for Public Boat Launch and had to stop, then photograph....







I simply can't avoid the temptation...these roads appear and must be followed.






I would have stayed out longer but I needed to get home for the evening's concert in Red Wing.




The very best live show of any that I can remember, an incredible guitarist and performer.  I won't provide a link.....if you're interested and unfamiliar, there are lots of videos out there.

Tonight I mowed the lawn, almost in the dark, wearing my winter coat, stocking hat, sandals (w/socks) and by the time I was done, should have had my gloves on.  Possible snow for Friday.

This might be the end?



4 comments:

  1. You might need waterproofs on with your sandals next time..... Glad you got to spend some quality time on one of the bikes again.

    We are forecast for a dry weekend so our hopes are to get out as well before our winter rains set in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, hope you got out. Our weekend was definitely not made for riding on 2 wheels.

      Delete
  2. I wish I lived within riding distance Doug.

    I'd surely tag along.

    Although the end is in sight??? It was nippy-ish here today (gauntlets, like jacket underlayer, heated grips in some slight service), but still... snow? What's that all about I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I'd really enjoy that and wish it easier for us to share these roads.

      Our weather truly has changed, cold, windy and wet. It's early but not impossible and it's almost certain that we'll have some more nice days. The TW200 and sidecar rig our right in front of the big door.

      Delete