Friday, January 27, 2017

April 1978

We must have had an early Spring that year; there are many early April's around here where the ground is still very white.  I was obviously getting the "herd" out of the shed into some fresh air and as I remember it (these photos make it quite clear), was taking the time to document the machinery.












 The 900's mirror caught me.....


In two short weeks (April 21, 1978), the 750 Honda would be carrying me down the Big River, I'd take a left at Paducah, east to Land Between the Lakes, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah, the Winchester Apple Blossom Festival, Bull Run and finally Washington, D.C.

That trip chronicled in my next Post.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful "herd"!
    Many great memories, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric,
      It was as much fun having choices back then as it is now though I gradually get down to None and that was for many years.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I instantly fell in love with the Yamaha 125 scrambler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, those Yamaha Enduro's were very popular and this 125 was an amazing machine. It did so many things well and never failed. Bought from the next door neighbor, it's the bike that I took my License Riding Test on.

      Delete
  4. Yup. 1978 at BIR and I meet you again after 9 years. 900SS !! Wow, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure sounds like a long time ago....doesn't feel like it though. Even just making contact again has brought back many smiles.

      Oh, I do have a Steve Canyon Helmet box here, as good as new. Ben did quite a bit of "flying" with it for a few years and I'm guessing that flew into the dumpster long ago. But if you need a nice box for yours.....

      Delete
  5. If you could find a helmet, it and the box would be a hit on "Antiques Roadshow"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll find one at the IMS Show today.....will keep looking 😀

      Delete