Friday, June 15, 2012

At The Track

Up early Friday morning, I was very anxious to be at Road America's Gate 6 by 7AM and made it actually a few minutes early.  Registration took less than 30 seconds and I headed directly for the Carousel where the AHRMA event's camping section was.  There were possibly 3 or 4 other campers already there and from the looks of things, a couple of them were completely set up.  With the wind, I really struggled getting my Noah's Tarp set up by myself but it finally was there.  Be evening, the other guys had arrived and the outside ring of the grounds was mostly spoken for.


Mike and Rod arrived from the Twin Cities mid-afternoon and once they quickly got setup and bikes unloaded, it was off to the pits to see what/who was there.

In a nutshell, it was 3 days of fun at the track, no rain and warm wind.  Two trips into town for breakfast, one for dinner on Saturday night in Glenbeulah and other than that, we stayed on the Road America grounds.  I stayed Sunday afternoon as long as I dared, sorry that I couldn't wait for the very last race to finish.  Late Sunday afternoons are always quiet and this year seemed especially so, with most of the spectators long gone by 4PM when I left for home.


Mike checking out Pete's XS650



Disc golf with an R/C target.....


Phil graciously fed us all on Friday evening.....


I've always enjoyed this couple from New York 'working' together in the pits.  A Ducati and Seeley single if I remember correctly.


Honda DOHC 450......


The guys discussing Mike's Triton and Rod's '34 Moto Guzzi.....


An interesting Triumph Bobber....


Near Corner 6, the little Honda ready to take me to whatever corner is next.


Didn't find out his name, but this 1973 DT250 Yamaha Enduro came all the way from Michigan, via the U.P.


Vintage moto-crossers waiting for their group to start.


A nice batch of old ones competing in the show.


Very pretty old Ducati.......


Mike and Rod getting loaded up......


Rick's Husky, ready for loading and the long trip back to Iowa.



No comments:

Post a Comment