Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Hibbing/Chisholm, Minnesota - 2021/06/19

Back in June, 2021 I took a week of vacation, hauling my Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle on the trailer to spend time in Northern Minnesota.  A week of exploring (summarized here) a part of Minnesota that I've spent very little time in over the years, certainly very little time at a proper exploration rate of motion was the goal.  Our State's Iron Range was the main focus for the week, to be wrapped up the following weekend by attending the MN Moto Guzzi Rally in Grand Marais.  

Northern Minnesota is an extensive area, especially west-to-east.  The shore along Lake Superior has seen my presence multiple times and in multiple ways over the years....backpacking, car camping, motorcycle travel, etc.  Many come to canoe in the Boundary Waters and that is something that I have not done.  Known for our many lakes, even the ones where watercraft beyond canoes are welcomed have not every been on my radar.  In general terms, my area of focus has been east and south, this trip an easy excuse to do something different, to go in a new direction ;)

I spent a long afternoon at the Minnesota Discovery Center.....the museum of the Iron Range.
























Nearby Chisholm......





Downtown Hibbing....

The famous and beautiful Androy Hotel in Hibbing....

I drove past and around the incredible Hibbing High School but sadly did not take any photos of it and I remember why, it was raining.  Info and some older photos are available on the National Archives Register here.  Definitely worth taking a more in depth look at this amazing school.  Patti, anything to add??

The Hull Mine video....

Soon I will Post photos of my visit to the Greyhound Bus museum in Hibbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment