Saturday, July 21, 2012

My first (The 3rd Annual) Lorem Ipsum Rally

I made an early start this morning, arriving in Alma for breakfast a bit after 6:30, having ridden through no rain though the skies looked like they certainly could.  From the radar images I saw, the day's recently predicted small chance of rain looked like an almost sure bet.  After suiting up, my breakfast finished, it did start to rain and did so most of the way to La Crosse.

Using some of the back roads, I managed to sneak through some of the valleys east of town, cresting the ridge at St. Joseph and then followed M, NN and 162 down to Coon Valley, sticking with US 14 the rest of the way into Viroqua.

As is typical for me, I was early (event to start at 11), arriving around 10, so headed back downtown for some coffee, but not until after meeting DrMikey there walking his dog past the grounds.  We both agreed that we'd be back once everything was set up and ready.

Harvey was kind enough to introduce me to Joe, though he seemed familiar and we've most likely met at some other event.  Living in the area, he didn't have far to go and has been a regular at the gathering.  With my VJMC shirt on, he was skeptical but willing to welcome me :)


Harvey introduced me to Cliff as well.......


Not the only unique pairing present today....


Some vintage fans that left long before they should have.......




Mack history......


A couple of the guys that came up from the BBC rally a few miles south.....


Ben and Andy.....


Looking for the kickstand......not the kickstarter.


Nimbus car-rig.....




Bob, another arrival from the BBC gathering......he needed to do some shopping on his way up and it was pretty important.


The musicians.....


Very clean old CX500......


Cagiva (Ducati motors were prevalent)............


Yes, there was the obligatory rain as well......




Seems pretty plain to me.......



Two shots at the peak of attendance......



Harvey and friend heading back to the BBC.....


Chad discussing his big KTM..........


Lots of British right here.......


About the time I was leaving, the skies got brighter and from Westby north and home, the sun was out and the predicted day's heat was ramping up.  It was a good day, even with the rainy start and it was very much worth the trip back to one of my favorite towns.


3 comments:

  1. Lots of great old bikes there. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice seeing you again Doug, see ya at the Guzzi Rally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Pics as always! Thank's for sharing!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete