Saturday, July 4, 2020

July Holiday Weekend 2020

Mine started Thursday....well actually, my weekends start the afternoon before which in this case, means Wednesday afternoon.

We better start with our "Knee High By The 4th Of July" corn.


Hanna, concerned about my degrading appearance, was kind enough to send me some Product, this very cool and practical burlap sack containing Beard Care items from Mountaineer Beard, all the way from West Virginia.  Watch for a much improved personal appearance in future photos/videos of my personal self.

Thank you Hanna!


Not sure if you've had the same, but we've been having August temperatures in June around here and they are continuing on in to early July.  As such, overnight temperatures of 70 degrees with dew points of 69.5 degrees mean low visibility.


Eric and I planned a Thursday morning breakfast for 6:30, an hour and a half away for me which translated to Garage Door Down at 5am.  I had to text Eric and request moving our rendezvous until 7am.

5:25 out the driveway.....


5:30 turning on to Hwy 61


5:32 Lake Pepin....


5:42 south of Lake City....


5:46 almost to Wabasha...


5:55 crossing the Mississippi to Nelson, Wisconsin.


6:12 on Hwy 37 on my way to Mondovi.


 After breakfast, Eric up ahead, ready to turn off on to Cty FF west of Eleva, Wisconsin.


I went home so that I could park the bike, take a car and drive up to Minneapolis for a stop at GoMoto to pick up my new VStar tire.


Friday morning was Ol' Blue time, another breakfast ride.



 Lake Pepin was especially fetching...


Wabasha Cty 5....


Friday noon Cheryl, our house remodel Designer and Overseer of the various contractors stopped by with a gift basket.  These bottles of wine from her vintner husband.  Fred and his brothers were neighborhood friends of our family; I snowmobiled with them, chased cows with them and were farm kids in the same valley.  Cheryl's family and hubby Fred have all sorts of neighborhood connections....a hundred years of valley history were discussed in 30 quick minutes.  More old history is going back and forth in an email stream.


All local products....


I didn't have to go far for that corn I was standing in this morning, it very much serves as a moat around our house.


 Another early morning ride, some fog but very navigable this time.



Breakfast in Wabasha at Eagle Valley Cafe....


Follow-up coffee to round things out.


Peg went to remove the cover from our wicker furniture on the deck this morning and discovered that we had an infiltrator.


Hope everyone's having a safe and great 4th of July.  I have next week off and plan to get some good riding in, doing it basecamp style.  If I can get signal, there will most likely be some blog posts along the way.

2 comments:

  1. As to your "degrading appearance", I wish I could grow a full beard! Actually, given my druthers...I probably would try the Ming the Merciless look....keep more people at even further social distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn’t take much for me to get rid of mine but those who’s opinions I value think it should stay. Maybe you should send me Ming trimming instructions.

      Delete