Monday, July 20, 2020

Another Warm Week But Improvement


I spiffed up the Bullet sidecar rig...there was a lot of rust that needed to be dealt with from last winter's one single ride.


Saturday morning, another Coffee at Diamonds.  Masks inside, Social Consideration outside.


Paul's "Ready for Anything" Ural rig...I could have used a Jet Ski that one time.


A shout out here to Callie and Craig at Wild Ass.  Last winter at the IMS gathering in Minneapolis, I stopped by the booth and mentioned to them that my cover was showing real signs of wear.  Craig advised me to send an email and a photo...."...shouldn't do that.....".  I actually forgot about it and it just wasn't that big of deal.

Lately the bladder has slowly been losing pressure so I tried to seal the leak which made it better but didn't stop the slow deflation.  Last week while I was Many Days around Richland Center'ing Callie left a voicemail, wondering how I was doing with my Wild Ass Pillion Seat Pad.  A couple of photos, a few texts and a phone call resulted in a package arriving in this week's Post.  A new bladder and cover now installed.  More stickers to proudly stick in more places!

Thank you!!


More birds and wildlife....






Time for some more motorcycle content.  Due to vacations, the pandemic, conflicting schedules, etc. I consented to work a Friday in return for having Monday off.  Talk about conflicting, my destination choices for a quick overnight seemed to change with the wind; everywhere I planned to go presented everything from irritating challenges to downright impossibilities.  Finally I settled on a Vernon County, Wisconsin campground, a destination that would tie in nicely with a group of friends' plan to stop for pie Sunday morning in Stockholm.



Rustic Road #51....the Guzzi hadn't been there yet.  Plus, Eric said water levels were up and there were 4 creek crossings to confirm that fact.  :)


Everyone made it to Stockholm....except for Jeff.  A nice surprise, Terry, Gary and Bill were there at another table, all fellow rally-goers, normally seen in various locales and at our usual rallies, but not in rally-less 2020.  I saw them leave on Gold Wings and Gary's brand new Africa Twin.

My Blueberry/Peach....almost hidden by lumps of Special Goodness!


Down to the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge...




Minnesota bluffs in the distance.


Sidie Hollow, Vernon County...my home for the night.



Eric freshly back from the Black Hills Sunday morning texted me, I shared my overnight location with him and he responded, "I'll be there before dark" and he was.

He took this photo of me after telling me not to move....."looks like you're thinking...."  So noteworthy and rare, I wanted to share it with everyone because that was in fact what I was doing .... this time.  I can make it look that way sometimes, just so you know.


 Coffee this morning....


Almost packed up....



A beautiful night last night, great riding weather, a bug-free campfire and I slept with only my bug netting between me and the stars.  We enjoyed breakfast in Westby at Borgen's, found some lovely early morning valleys and crests to ride through and then we split up at Coon Valley.  Home to mow our 2/3 of an acre lawn with the 21".

A 3 day workweek ahead.

4 comments:

  1. What kind of bird is the yellow one 5th and 6th picture in? Steve O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifth one is an Oriole, the sixth one is a Yellow Finch.

      Delete
  2. Interesting muffler on that Ural....I'm assuming the stock one was damaged by rocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask Paul about his muffler the next time we're at Diamonds together.

      Delete