Saturday, January 9, 2016

Rally Plans For 2016

Well, we're in a new year, the days are getting longer and there's now another bike up on the lift.  That must mean it's time for rally, event and ride planning (actually this started weeks ago).  Reservations, registrations and tickets have been purchased.....already, so I guess I'm committed, right?  Two of these events involve motel stays, or at least they do for me so I'll take care of that before the month is out.  The remaining rallies will find me in my cozy tent each night.


These are the knowns and they'll happen like this......

May 1 - Slimey Crud Run,  Leland, Wisconsin

May 20 - 22  -  GR3,  Great River Road Rally, Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin, Madison BMW Club

June 3 - 5  -  Hiawatha BMW Rally, Money Creek Haven, Money Creek, MN - BMWMOCM

June 9 - 12  -  Rockerbox Motorfest featuring AHRMA Races, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI

June 17 - 19 -  Minnesota Moto Guzzi Rally, Grand Marais, MN  MN Chapter of the MGNOC

July 8 - 10 - Iowa Moto Guzzi Rally, Elkader, IA   IA Chapter of the  MGNOC

Aug 5 - 7 - WMGR Rally, Lake Joy Campground, Belmont, WI  WI Moto Guzzi Riders

Sept 2 - 5 -  Wildcat Mtn Rally, Westby, WI  Good Folks

Oct 2 - Slimey Crud Run, Leland, Wisconsin

Hopefully there will be room in the schedule for another Lorem Ipsum gathering the 3rd Saturday in July and quite possibly a few other days strung together for another trip here and there.  With my 3 day weekends, attendance without using vacation days is convenient though I'm hoping to make at least a couple of these gatherings a day or so longer than is official.

Now that I've activated "Search This Blog" over on the right, info on any past visits at these rallies can be found.  They have all been visited numerous times in previous riding seasons. 


10 comments:

  1. I only have three rides "planned" for 2016 and two of them are on your list. Maybe I'll see you at Slimey Crud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, I hope so. I've been making a weekend of one or the other, sometimes both each season. There have been motel stays in Reedsburg and Richland Center. The last 2 times we've camped at Alana Springs.

      Will you be at the Convention Center in a few weeks?

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure what event that is.

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I wasn't sure how close you are to Mpls. Our annual Feb. motorcycle show, Feb 5-7
      http://www.motorcycleshows.com/

      Delete
  2. I'm up for six of these.... does that mean I should be.. " committed " also.... there's no cure... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I committed myself, you can do your own or I'll sign the papers if you'd like :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you do it. Plan all those rallies in advance and actually attend.

    For some reason I think if we tried planning any events this far in advance, something would inevitably come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these places on the calendar were blank....now they're filled in. Where it says "All Day" I slide that little bar over. It's just that simple. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed Doug. I feel a little challenged just planning a Jacksonville to Key West excursion for February. Mind you, there is more to it than buying a ticket and riding there, since it's an unscheduled blogger get together.

    I wonder who owns the rights to IMBC (International Moto Blogger something... Congress? Conglomeration? or Convention... that's it, Convention!

    I think it might Brad and Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, Luckily there isn't a lot of planning involved for me re: these rallies. Thanks to dedicated volunteers, most of us just show up and "do". On my end, packing for one is packing for the next and with this schedule, most everything just stays packed.

      You must be right about IMBC.

      Delete