Friday, January 20, 2012

1980 Honda CB750F and a few more

Home from the East Coast and working again after my summer-long Maritime trip, I found a used 750F Honda, the bike's styling a strong favorite of mine.  That was December of 1979 and this was one of our milder winters.


The first and last time I ran modified exhaust......


In March I flew down for Bike Week in Daytona.  In June, I traded the GS850 Suzuki for a 1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000.


In 1982, I bought this 1975 CB400F from friend Ken; he'd used it to commute to/from school, racing it on weekends at B.I.R.  This was what it look like as it ran around the track........


Then Dan recovered the seat and Ernie repainted......


Somewhere in time frame, I found (and brought home) some '64-'66 Puch 250's, an entire brood......



In 1983, Gramp, still riding, decided to upgrade from his '78 Yamaha 100 Enduro to an '83 Yamaha 250 Exciter.  Thinking his 100 Enduro would be a fun thing to commute on, I bought it and did just that; using it to go back and forth to work every day.


And the 100 Enduro that he sold to me.....


A number of bikes had been sold at this point; the Ducati, the Yamaha 125 Enduro, the 750F, etc.  Here's what the collection looked like in '83........


Girlfriend Peg always liked it best when I'd ride over on the red Yamaha since it was so "cute" (which meant I was way too big for it).  She was a very experienced 5 speed Toyota driver at the time and more than once took the Yamaha around her quiet suburban block.  Before long, the Honda 400F became hers, the MSF course was taken and passed.


Mom, dad and Peg on a 'family' ride to the Eau Galle Reservoir in Spring Valley, WI.........


No comments:

Post a Comment