Sunday, July 23, 2023

Some Weekend Rides - 2023/07/23

My '92 Yamaha TW200 hadn't really been out yet this season, not a 'really been out' anyway.  It was time.

Roughly a 60 mile wandering ride, almost completely on local gravel.  Even though I've made it known that I often, usually ride with my GPS it doesn't get connected on each and every ride.  Sometimes the Zumo is still in the house....I'm outside and the task of going in, grabbing and mounting/connecting can just seem like too much work.  Over the last year or so, I've had fun challenging myself, riding a complicated set of twists and turns, then once home a Route is created from memory.  This is sometimes almost too challenging...it can take some turn by turn recall.  Often involving the same roads, if I wait too long to sit down, one ride starts merging with another.  The above ride on the T'dub was done that way.

Our County Road #2 has been closed now for at least a year.  The first mentions locally were that something/someone drove over it with an oversized load and 'broke' it.  Discovered, the bridge was closed but it took some time before repairs were started.  I had to go look.






No idea when completion is scheduled.

Later Friday, Fish Fry time...

I happened to catch this one...


This morning, a very foggy morning, the new(er) chicks were let out of the Eglu.

Peg took Arthur up to the State Park for a walk and when they stopped on a bench to take a break, she texted me "ride up".  So I did.

Lake Pepin and the Wisconsin Bluffs are out there somewhere...

We had quite a rainstorm Saturday evening, lightning, hail and hard rain.  Arthur decided to Sing


Mid-morning I was on the Himalayan with another Ride First Document After, today's a bit tougher to remember.

Coffee stop at Eagle's Nest....

Wabasha, Grumpy Old Men town.....


 
Early lunch in Pepin...

Mid-afternoon coffee stop.....


Monday tomorrow, just might get another ride in to start the week off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment