Sunday, July 16, 2023

Lorem Ipsum 2023 - 2023/07/15

Considering the weather, location and my schedule it was decided that I'd make the annual event in Viroqua, Wisconsin an overnight affair.  Clean socks in my '98 Yamaha VStar 650 Classic's saddlebags (forgot my battery bank) and off I went early Friday morning.

It should be mentioned here that other than forgetting my phone charging system at home, the trip was without incident.  Not every Lorem Ipsum trip that I've made or attempted can make that claim.

Red on Friday, Green on Saturday...

Coffee stop along the tracks in Fountain City...obviously more rain than we've been blessed with.



Common in Wisconsin, single lane bridge repair.

 
Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge...that is not a golf course.

 




 
A group of very enthusiastic Eco Campers, all very willing to share with me what they were discovering!
 

There ARE places where the crops look fantastic!

Perrot State Park, Trempealeau....

County Road S out of Onalaska....

Big Boar BBQ, West Salem....


 County Road I approaching Newberg Corners...

County PI of course....

There were a few dalliances around Cashton...

Boys, boys, boys....whatcha gonna do....

We've been anxious to find a new Ice Cream Source in the area now that the Goose Barn has gone out of business, Mike especially anxious.  He discovered that there was an up-and-comer in Ontario so I volunteered to check out Saddle Up.


Might work in a pinch, it's no replacement for the 'Goose.

On my way and almost there....Trail's End Amish Walmart.



 
La Farge, Wisconsin...home of Organic Valley.

Fish Fry Friday evening at The Stockyard Grill in Coon Valley.

Tried and True accommodations at The Norske Inn, Westby.

Early coffee was mandatory, a rush south to Viroqua for a 5:30 cup and breakfast sandwich at KT.

 
Looks worse than it was....

 
 Cooperative flood control...
 

LOTS more Canadian fire smoke...


The currently very calm West Fork of the Kickapoo....

And finally, finally the reason that some of you are really here.....if you're still here?

Lorem Ipsum 2023





 Didn't buy a book this time....nothing really caught my fancy but I gave them a good look-through!




Joe, the Brat was good, thanks guys!








There you have it...perfect execution of a motorcycle event!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a excuse for the ride.... perhaps not so much for the .. scene....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left early, guessing there were many more that rolled in. Normally the same weekend as the British Biker Cooperative meet, there can be many fine old British bikes. Agree though, if it weren't for the bookstore and the area, I'd probably have headed another direction.

      Delete