Sunday, September 20, 2020

An In Between Weekend

 

Thursday afternoon

 

 





The park in Maiden Rock...

Saturday

Into the bush and bramble...more of that Saturday on the rig than it's ever seen before.


 


Not the tire for rougher conditions...



 Old section of Hwy 61....



 Snowmobile club and funding assistance built this bridge where the old 61 used to run

Rubber sheeting on the bridge to minimize wear from the snowmobile studs.

The Whitewater River valley....


2nd in a series of State Forest access roads today....I'll have to spend more time in our State Forests...once hunting season is over.

 

I thought I'd be alone back in there....

Lunch in Rollingstone at Bonnie Rae's.  Almost bought a T-shirt..."Not The Song, Not The Band, The Town" but I don't need any more T-shirts.

State Forest area #3....just when I thought I'd found a quiet spot, cars and trucks started rolling in. 



Another place I've ridden past dozens of times...the Beaver Cemetery.  Today I parked and walked up the hill.




I've never ever seen a headstone like this....





Coffee time above Kellogg....


One more State Forest / Minimum Maintenance Road....

 McCarthy Ravine, a favorite.  

A freshly paved Maintenance Road...

Without even trying (or thinking about it) it later dawned on me that I was on another old section of Hwy 61 Saturday.

Sunday Afternoon


I rode up this field road, we were up and down this road many times hauling hay and grain when we worked this land.  Prime hunting ground and it's now for sale!
 


 

Lunch time in Memorial Park, Lower Quarry. Vienna sausages, mashed potatoes and coffee.  The secret is to char the little buggers.

 

Favorito de America....I only do Vienna's that are Inspected.  Taking a chance with non-Inspected is up to you.

The old quarry...

Blueberry peach at Pie Plate Cafe...as good as ever!


Next weekend, more leaf color, more sand and more North with some good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment