Sunday, June 14, 2020

Windy - More than normal?

According to the experts, yes, the wind has been consistently high. My literal seat of the pants (riding) testing absolutely is in line with the statistics.  My un-faired bikes have been giving me a beating, especially bad coming south today on the Honda 400 Automatic.

Peg's deck furniture, the remaining pieces, arrived Friday making it just that much more comfortable to be outside on the deck; we've been spending more and more time out there.  Hummingbird feeders have been filled and hung, additional hummingbird feeders have been filled and hung.  Also, an Oriole feeder has been installed but too late to contain the pair that was here for a few days.  However, the House Finches have been voracious jelly consumers.












I was on the deck, trying to capture the bird life and as long as I had the camera in Zoom mode, thought I'd try and capture Peg's return from her walk.  Shocked that she could see me (younger eyes), she waved and I caught it.  Using technology to its fullest, it has been determined that she was close to 1850' away in the 'wave' photo.



When she got back, with Lauren's help they made Chicken Puffs, a family favorite.  Puff pastry with properly seasoned chicken salad within and I was feeling peckish after all of my bird photography.


Saturday morning I drove to Diamonds since I needed to pick some things up from Marty at GoMoto afterwards.


 Lucy, owner of Diamonds had just arrived.



 Two blue ones, not that different from each other.


Mike's American Classic....



 Jeff's RD350....


Richard's nicely personalized CB1000.  He got a Very good deal on this one and brought it back to life.






Mike's MadAss.....



Gary's Moto Guzzi...


Tom waiting for traffic on his Victory....


 He gave me a chance to get my van included in the photo set.


Lucy's Kawasaki.....


 Mark's Ascot....


Stan's Triumph...


I followed Mike up to GoMoto....it moves out smartly!


Thursday afternoon I decided that it was finally time to get the Honda 400 Automatic out and it was the only thing I rode all weekend, riding to a total mile accumulation of 394 miles.

Friday morning I met Steve and Eric at Pier 4 for breakfast. 





Saturday after Diamonds and after our GoMoto stop, I returned to Frontenac and spent some time in the garage.  Late in the afternoon, I decided to load up the 400 for a quick overnight camp at the nearby Kruger State Forest Campground.  All 18 campsites taken, a big sign in the parking area, "BACHELOR PARTY SITE #6".

I wouldn't have stayed even if there had been room. 





The Zumbro River....it rushes right along!


Coffee brew (instant) stop.


I toodled around and then stopped for Wings and a Salad in Wabasha.


Sunday a confusing, mindless wandering loop that apexed in Amery, Wisconsin. 





Ellie's was open...


Nope, I've never seen a waterfall from an old pickup window either!


As mentioned, 394 miles on the 400A for the weekend, it never missed a beat and in fact, was flogged heading south into the wind this afternoon.  It died coming in the driveway, I didn't catch Reserve in time, the last fill's gas mileage horrendous; I'd been getting 60's all day on proper roads. 


 Saturday evening the speedometer started going crazy and then howled like an injured Zombie so I stopped and disconnected the cable for the last 35 miles home.  Lubed the cable....that wasn't it.  Pulled the gauge head off, turned it upside down and put a few drops of light oil in the drive and after putting 5/10 on with my electric drill, put it all back together.  Today the speedo was electronic in its steadiness with nary a waver, smooth and quiet.

Mike, I guess now there's one more....."if I ever talk about selling this thing, slap me up side the head...."

Some interesting vacation plans have been formulated and will be put into action in the not too distant future.

4 comments:

  1. Honda slushbox :) (got it)
    I enjoyed the birdie photos... we'r await'n the arrival of Cardinal's... we ever get Humming birds.
    After read'n your blogs.. I have a urge to raid the fridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the birds are getting comfortable with having us so close.

      That's what fridge's are for.

      Delete
  2. We get mostly hummingbirds here and the other mundane birds like sparrows, finches, bushtits, crows, ravens and seagulls. I see herron's in our Bay and the occasional eagle. I would love to see a cardinal. Most colourful bird I've seen is a stellar jay. Not much riding going on here due to covid, everyone is sticking close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dar, nice to hear from you! Over the last week, we've been getting those Orioles to return, some other birds showing up as well. In fact, the list is getting long and the colors more varied.

      Hope you can get out and move again soon!

      Delete