Friday, September 6, 2019

Wildcat Mountain Rally - 2019 - Out an' About

A fitting weather event Wednesday evening BEFORE the Labor Day weekend was underway, this taken from our front stoop.....


Weather while at the rally??  We didn't HAVE any weather.  Sunny clouds, moderate temperatures and at most 12 rain drops was all I saw for the weekend and I mean all weekend.  I got an early start Thursday afternoon and Ol' Blue ran flawlessly until he didn't.

This will give you an idea, though the early Thursday and Friday Tracks were written over, a problem I'd seen both in my Wyoming the Black Hills Tracks a few weeks ago.  I didn't understand it then, assumed that I'd done everything properly like I have in the past.  Now I've discovered that there was (still is?) a Zumo issue that is messing with my Archived Tracks.  That curvy line that starts Top Center in the image below should not end, or really begin, where it does.  Miles ridden before that endpoint have been erased to make space for the miles that followed which is what my Garmin units are 'sposed to do. To make room, those files are to get stored in Archive, making way for Current. The Yamaha went 421 miles, the saved GPS Tracks only admit to 361.

That line that ends over on the left side is another matter entirely; that line actually does represent The End and it happened Sunday around noon.


But back to the good things...it LOOKed like the weather might turn from lovely to wet ....it did not.









It's been awhile since I did Santa's Loop Road....



Towers......






Mom's sister has been gracious enough to gift me annual subscriptions to this lovely, easy-reading magazine and has done so for years now.  Places I know and have yet to explore, diners with food worth stopping for, lovely photography and all around happy stories about people being good to each other; it's all in there and begging me with each issue's arrival to sit down with a hot cup for some relaxing time in the Big Chair.

The ad has been in each issue of the magazine, "Town of Stevenson - Displays from the 1800's to the 1950's".  I've always been curious and would have stopped on my own long ago but the "...Tour Reservations: Call..." kept me from going there solo.  www.townofstevenson.com

A few weeks ago I gave Carol and call and asked if a group of 8-10 would be acceptable and learned that it would be.








Tom chose Moon River, a great choice!







These really caught my eye.....


One of Carol's hobbies and creative skill sets, porcelain dolls.  A Master wood turner as well among many other talents and interests.


Her 'doll' faces and heads appear in various places throughout....









After leaving Stevensontown, lunch at Kickapoo Korners in Readstown.


Up County "T" to Viroqua with a stop at Driftless Books.


The old tobacco warehouse.  Owner Eddie says there's over 500,000 books.  After I walked out Saturday afternoon, he was down 2.


These two horses were very concerned about my presence up on the hill.




I came up over a ridge and managed to get a snap of this large robin before it flew away.


Here it is, the riding, out and about video.  Included at the end is The Presentation (thanks Richard), the awarding of my Pooped Piston Trophy and more importantly, my Extradition.


4 comments:

  1. Good times.. good friends... already booked a room for next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't signed up yet but thanks for the reminder. I have every intention of being right back there in 50 weeks.

      Delete
  2. Nice footage of the countryside and barns.

    Didn’t know of your extraterrestrial powers. If drone goes thru someone’s kitchen window. We’ll know it’s neg magnetic powers on chains n electronics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, it's lovely country as you well know. My powers are not yet completely explored....I'll keep you posted as more becomes known.

      Delete