Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sidecar Ride/Fermentation Followup

I'm very much hoping that this isn't my last ride for the winter but just in case, wanted to share these images from yesterday.  Why??  It was just so darned much fun!!

But before I do..... my role as Taste Tester has to be shared.


Upper left is the Caraway version, clockwise on the right is "normal" and lower left is the zesty Cortido.  None of these have gone full term and I'm actually liking them better that way.  Without as much time fermenting, there's a lovely and more distinct cabbage taste and really, shouldn't that be the idea?

Today's Production....


Now on to some snow scenes....I had so much fun riding yesterday and can't wait to go again!!


Dave's driveway up on the knoll...





Canadian National tracks but 'motive power that seems to be in ever color from every corner of the continent.





Out on the highway, up on the cam....


335th, our nearby Minimum Maintenance thruway....


The beginning of very poor rear wheel tracking....


These multiple water breaks were real momentum killers....


This was it, the end of uphill progress...



 A stop on the way back down....note the mud on the pillion, more detailing......someday.






My coffee stop in Lake City....


The Lake Pepin river valley....


An old section of Hwy 61.....


Down at the Frontenac Beach....


8 comments:

  1. Nice sunny, winter shots. We don’t have much of the “sunny” part these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, it was a glorious afternoon. Looking closely, the thermometer was reading 40 degrees in most every photo.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Scott, this thing is just the right amount of everything to be fun in my world. It wouldn't be enough if it was the only way to be out riding but as long as I've got something else with 2 wheels, it's great fun.

      This weekend on these roads, just loping along, it couldn't be more at home. I'll have to find a dog, or a miniature horse....someone else to join the fun.

      Delete
  3. Sidecar rides during sunny days, with snowy roads, are the best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, I stopped at Marty's this morning and picked up a bag of studs. I plan to give them a try....if we ever get some snow. Right now we're about as dry and bare here as Death Valley!

      Delete