Friday, July 6, 2018

Short Cut That Takes Longer

We both laughed about it this morning.  Breakfast was scheduled for 7:15 in Mondovi, we both left early, we both budgeted, back scheduled, allowed for a bit of 'extra' and because we'd made the commitment to each other, there was follow through.......we were right on time.

Time?? There was the time it could take and then there's the time it should take.  We've got maps that predict ETA.  This morning we both took shortcuts.... and as they should, they took longer.

My world at 5:45 Friday morning....


Lake City on the edge of Lake Pepin.....


Almost to Wabasha.....


Walkers and their pups everywhere....


Simply a stunning morning for riding....


Nice clean corners to get the dust off the knobs.....


I arrived ~7:10 and of course Eric was there.  A very casual and lazy breakfast at Double D's in Mondovi then off to the north....with no real plan and no real plan is where we went.

Carl's Valley, always good....


Too big to move, to ride over and no papa wheelies for we two.  Steep up to the left, steep down to the right.  Eric captured the important part of the story.....I had a version only because in my intense excitement I'd forgotten to turn my camera off.







Here's what my helmet saw....


Well Eric, what do you think??


"Nothing to it, we just......"


The execution....


I wonder if Eric's co-workers realize the many skills he's a master of??


My little abbreviated screen went through no problem. 


And off we go....


196 miles for me and my oh my what a day for a ride!!  As always Eric, thanks.


2 comments:

  1. Nice looking shortcut. And any “shortcuts” on a bike always take longer...

    ReplyDelete