Last night and this morning the last 2 riders for the year were repaired and are now on the road; more line-bleeding in 24 hours than I luckily have to do in a year.
First, I finally got to the bottom of my Honda 400 Automatic's front brake problem. For some reason, I couldn't get it through my head that the problem really wasn't down in the caliper but rather up in the master cylinder. A bit of sleuthing online helped me determine that the problem was most likely a plugged orifice in the master itself but there were reports of blockage in the old rubber line so I decided to go whole hog and replace most everything.
New master cylinder from the auction site, braided stainless steel line and finally new brake pads as long as I was at it.
Not the styling I'm supposed to like, not an overabundance of power or much of anything else but the darn thing is fun and that comfortable. We are good to go.....
Bled the line, a quick install and the red one runs.......
This one is fun too.......:)
Routes and plans were all set for next weekend's Slimey Crud Run but something else has come up. Pine Bluff and Leland will have to wait until October.