Sunday, September 20, 2015

They're Different

Yesterday's Post mentioned that I drove up to the Twin Cities rather than ride and I didn't really ride the rest of the day even though it would have been a super riding day.  Way too many things needed attention but when at least a few of those things were settled, a few of the machines that haven't seen use in weeks received some attention.  Technically a few were ridden but they/we didn't get anywhere.

One needs a battery, 4 need tire changes; they'll all be very ready for some wintertime attention.  There are a few things that need to be ordered but I've been better than usual about waiting for sales which means most everything I need has been ordered and is already here, the installation labor the only part missing.

So a few were started yesterday, a couple of them a struggle but eventually all tried ran.  Today's running was a little more serious....I put about 75 miles on the Morphous, almost that many on Ben's Honda and probably 40 or so on the TW200.  The fact that these 3 are actually quite different machines was very well reinforced today.

The Morphous took me down to Alma's Buena Vista overlook.....


Such a fine day, there were many out enjoying the weather.


I went more and stopped less on the Honda.....


On the TW no stops at all, just poked around close to home.  All 3 had some beneficial exercise, hoping now that the season is far from over with many more chances to get out.

4 comments:

  1. And that is why it is good to have a few different machines, they are all suited to a different purpose and have a different comfort level.

    Unfortunately they usually all need a little work too. Such is the price we pay to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandy! That "few different machines" message that seems to make perfect sense to me. Luckily for me, there's lots of cross-over between them and when they all mostly run, that's good.

      Delete
  2. I know it is not its true purpose but colour scheme of the bike reminds me of autumn leaves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, never thought of that but you're right! I'm sure that's not what the Honda folks were thinking.....though maybe??

      Delete