Sunday, September 15, 2024

My 2024/09/14 Bimble

I'd normally call it my "2024/09/14 Wander" but out of respect to my riding friends east of the Atlantic, we'll change the label....just for today.

No real compelling reason to insert this Post in front of the others whose turn it really is.....I'm so far behind....  I've got more blog Posts started than there are days in a work week.  I still haven't finished the Elkader Guzzi Rally, the Wildcat Rally or a quick run with my new hard bags on the Himalayan.  But regardless, there was a burning desire to get this one out there in the heavens.

Based on recent rides, this was a big day for me at ~230 miles.


 
Loved the contrast here, the new black oil, the pea rock, green's yellow's and brown's.  It was just a colorful day to be out.



 
So many fond memories of walking in the pastures where the dairy cows terraced the hillsides on their way out and back to the barn each day.





 
Lunch in Whitehall at Sweet Temptations.  Their bakery items looked fantastic, the dark nutty bread in my chicken salad sandwich was very, very nice!  I will definitely make an effort to go back there, just seeing the daily Specials on the board made my mouth water.
 
 

Route 66....



 

 


Just a really great ride and wander, a Bimble worthy of a mid-September Saturday.  A few drops, it never really rained though I admit I was surprised to see the drops falling while the drone followed me on Route 66.

I'll keep plugging away on the other Posts in-waiting!

2 comments: