Friday, August 12, 2022

It Had To Happen - 2022/08/11

Another Quick Overnight of course.  A lovely Thursday afternoon with only one other campsite reserved at Carley??

Pigs....I cleaned up your mess.  You may be surprised to learn that not everything is burnable.

 

Beans, carrots, shallots, broccoli, all from our garden, some quick Uncle Ben's and some previously grilled Flat Iron steak from Scholze Family Beef.  I was brave with my Trangia Mini and alcohol.  Alternating pans on/off made cooking easy and burn-free.  It very much worked!

 
 Might look like a Dog's meal but it was Doug's.

A bit of cheesecake with my coffee and KRPR

 

 Breakfast before the rain....

You remember that we don't just do motorcycles, right??  Well, we don't just do Overnight Motorcycles.  Lots of rides happen that circle Lake Pepin but very few do it in this manner.




 Some different views from Alma's Buena Vista...




 
When you finally remember how to get your drone to follow on Deer Creek Road, don't forget to turn the camera on!

We were out on another lovely evening....



Scary looking artichokes...reminds me of Edward Scissors Hands!

Pierce County Fair tomorrow, haven't been there in a long time.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying these last weeks of summer!

6 comments:

  1. Kudos on the cleanup Coop, I've developed a deep loathing hatred for the swine who leave their trash in campsites....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom, normally this isn't an issue in our State Parks, certainly hasn't been in site #6.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for cleaning up the mess of others. It never ceases to amaze me that outdoorsy people will do that to nature. Same here. I often carry a garbage bag and latex gloves on day hikes to help where I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that Sonja, half a dozen cans, a couple of half-burned plastic bottles and lots of packaging. Like you I've been carrying a few light plastic bags (our retailers still use them) along for my mess, dirty dishes, even an extra bit of waterproofing for some things. I should have had gloves but didn't, then stuffed one of my bags and hung on my turn signal. In the morning it was dropped in the garbage dumpster on my way out.

      Delete
  3. On the few occasions I camp.... ( being in the Army I'm not big on camping or buffets )... I do a walk around and check for trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed this one Mike, we'll get you backpacking the wilderness yet!!

      Delete