Sunday, February 24, 2019

Hibernation - Being Considered

Hanna and Peg were at Orchestra Hall last night, home around midnight....almost completely home in the Corolla but not quite.


 Gusts of 50mph....


We're trying to cope with it all; there have been diversions.


James and Katlyn's gift to us, Friday evening was live theater night.  It had been a long time for me.  We're in an area ripe with venues to enjoy and I used to attend various shows.  Friday evening and since then, I've been struggling to remember which one (and where) was last seen.




This was to be another diversion, one I've been really looking forward to.  Decoding the Driftless film in Wabasha this afternoon.  I so wanted to go but our driveway won't be open in time.  Looks like I'll have to buy the DVD.




I whipped up my first ever batch of Elk Jerky.  The ground Jerky all the way from western Wyoming; thanks Eric!  Turned out pretty tasty if you ask me, tastes way better than it may appear.  We weren't, so far aren't Preppers but you have to wonder with the way things are going.


 Things will improve.....



6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain as I sit here and watch rain/freezing rain/sleet/snow coming down in buckets. It's been a long winter.
    How did you enjoy The Government Inspector? Saw it a few years ago and quite liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I enjoyed it, especially the last half. Very slapstick, not necessarily my favorite but as things moved on, I settled in and found a lot to like. Easy to forget how much I enjoyed live performance. We need to go again.

      Delete
  2. I thought we were getting more snow, this year than the last few...then I see what you're getting and wish the stuff was here....discourage further thoughts by others of moving to the Front Range here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, we've gotten off so easy the last few winters and this one started that way. Now Feb is setting all sorts of records.

      Delete
  3. There's my ^%$#@&*(*& magnet Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, no idea why your refrigerator magnet hasn't arrived. It's especially colorful this year :)

      Delete