Sunday, November 11, 2018

Well....

The ground is mostly white, the temperature (in the van!) was +4 Saturday morning at 5:30 on the way up to coffee.  More important than these two facts, the roads have been salted and I'm not seeing relief on that front until April so you know what that means.

There may just be an exception to my NO SALT rule.....the sidecar rig is and will remain right in front of the big door but the others have had it for '18.  On the rig, front tire old and checked, the rear tire so bald it wouldn't have gotten me downhill on the Red Bull Crashed Ice course.  So yesterday after coffee in Minneapolis, it was over to GoMoto with both rims for tire replacement.  Marty offered and now we're going with something basic in front, a more expensive, dedicated pusher tire in back that will hopefully get me some more miles.  2500 on the current rear.....for the way it's being used isn't terrible, but I think we can do better.  Unless things change before then, I'll have new rubber by next weekend and a machine that just possibly may see a few cold-weather miles.  Even in this weather, it starts like it's July outside, not too bad with that old chunky summer weight oil.

This one would start that easily, of that I'm certain!   A new and very limited production RE, I like the way this one presents itself and it just isn't that hard imagining it over along one wall in my garage.



By the way, for you Himalaya buyers, Marty's got a nice Snow on the floor, prepped and ready.  Mine was the first white one of '18, yours could wrap up the season and we'd be twinsies!

Marty's on his winter hours, so my early Saturday plans needed to be adjusted, even more so after we arrived right on time at Diamond's but whomever has the front door key and access to the coffee machines was not, forcing any number of us to arrive and then wander off.  It was a sad thing to watch really....

I had a haircut, stopped at Harbor Freight for one more wrench that somehow was missing in my toolbox.  Auto oil, filters, windshield wash and some other etc. filled the morning.


It is that time of year.....


Lots of afternoon chores, I'm off again this coming week to Ely, Minnesota to do some training.  Our lovely Arrowhead/Boundary Waters area, there will be white surroundings up there I'm quite sure.

Last evening, we were off to Viterbo University in LaCrosse to enjoy the LaCrosse Symphony.  Lauren was among the musicians for the Veteran's Day Memorial Concert with music from the period, celebrating the end of the War to End All Wars.  In addition to the Magnard, some Debussy, Irving Berlin giving us all the opportunity to be American's in Paris if only for a little while.  Tessa Lark was the performing soloist and has obviously adjusted to the violin very well.  After 3 standing ovations, she sang and played a Kentucky Hoedown piece from her native state....'gators were mentioned in verse three.  We really enjoyed the entire concert and felt very privileged to be there.


The Mileage Pie Chart is complete and will be ready for publication soon.  I'm hoping to add some highlights to that Post before doing so.  It's been another great riding season.  You absolutely have to already know that planning is and actually has been underway for a new season that will be here in only a few short months.

Added 3:30pm, 11/11/2018

The Flyway is busy today, almost traffic jam busy.  Often they seem to be directly overhead but today they're flying in multiple lanes, as far as I can see both east and west.  I'm hearing swans all afternoon and just after I took this video, they were flying at 3 different levels, on top of each other in huge V's.



8 comments:

  1. Good to see the sidecar rig isn't put away for Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the salt man, it's the salt! I'll do my best to avoid it and wait until a day when I think I can get away with rinsing everything off.

      I've got a lake to explore :)

      Delete
  2. Nice looking RE! And what rear tire did you go with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I think that bike is very attractive; I like that color especially! You know, I didn't look closely enough over Marty's shoulder to see or know the brand. I thought I'd know and possibly have it mounted already....next weekend.

      Delete
  3. Pleased to know you are pondering 2019 plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the army Bullet. It presents itself much better then the previous army Bullet versions. I'm slowly add'n military " bling " to my recent Bullet sidecar rig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're not careful around there, one false move and you'll be up for Dishonorable.

      Delete