Saturday, October 21, 2017

Awesome October Weather

I've put more miles on weekday evenings this season, after work, than I have in the 13 years since I started my riding re-career combined.  As Mr. Sonnett often quipped, "No brag- Just fact".

The other evening....




Since the TW200 was working so well, I decided to make a day of it on Friday, 259 miles worth.





Breakfast at Double D's in Mondovi before moving further north.


Moon Ridge Road and it was a dandy!

 





 I stopped for a break at the end of High Ridge Trail.



I lost track of how many times I crossed the trail today...




Along the Chippewa Valley Trail and Rustic Road #107.  A few of us had stopped here to see the bend in the Chippewa River last spring.


Getting kind of slick-ish.  It WAS extra rolly on the gravel yesterday.


At the west end of Rustic Road #107, not far from Durand, Wisconsin.


Cool rain today, the red Italian machine is primed and ready when things dry up a bit, hopefully tomorrow before the cooler weather blows in next week.  It was primed and ready early this morning and if the forecast had held up as it was supposed to, it would have taken me to coffee this morning.  Instead, I was in the old van.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, look at the weather! And you still got some nice fall colours captured. Your TW seems to be the perfect bike for this kind of exploration. Definitely a motorcycle I'd love to ride should I ever be able to come by your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, you are correct; we had a week of fantastic weather. The TW is made for the roads that are made for the TW, just across the river from us and they go on and on...
      Let us know when you're coming, there will something here for you to ride.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing here on your blog. I certainly enjoy reading about your adventures! That area north of Jim Falls along the river is one of my favorites. You hit the fall colors at their peak. And to do it on such a fun bike-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric, I know you haven't been keeping it intentionally a secret. It's a corner I've missed, at least the lesser, more full featured roads.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for getting out and riding after work. By the time I make dinner and clean up it is sofa city for me.

    You picked a beautiful day to ride the TW. Such pretty scenery. I love the leaf strewn backroads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, I know of which you speak regarding "after work."

      The leaves were still sparse enough, and dry enough, that I didn't have to be tooo concerned about wet and slippery.

      Delete
  4. The TW is a great bike for puttering around when in no hurry and taking photos. Love the sunshine through the leaves, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, yes, the TW is in its perfect environment there. It deserved to turn 21k on the odometer using those roads Friday.

      Delete