So, here I am, many days off and with most of our immediate family present. We have some plans but only just a bare few......getting together with grandma the most important and actually the only planned event that will in any way be scheduled. With all of this unstructured time, there are certain things that will be accomplished though, rest assured of that. Decorating the tree, baking cookies, an extra decent job of tidying up the house, the last of the gifts to be wrapped; all things that are being taken care of over the next few days. I've two books that will be re-read; both of them annually revisited over the holidays and this year they will luxuriously be enjoyed in fewer sittings.
So far, as of this afternoon --
- Much grocery shopping completed; the cats will not go hungry either
- Coffee yesterday morning with the crew at Diamond's in Minneapolis
- Two more episodes of Downton Abbey watched
- Now within striking distance of every Poirot episode seen
- Photos and slides scanned, enhanced and cataloged for buddy Mike, the images from his Army days in Africa
- The recently released motorcycle film "Why We Ride" watched (thanks for sharing the DVD Mike)
- Route planning for next year's Wildcat Rally "Slow Ride" moving forward. We'll once again mix in some area history with our rest stops, ride some real gravel for the first time and enjoy lunch at some place I'll bet none of us has dined at previously.
- 2014 Rally dates marked on the calendar and my favorite form of all, the Requested Time Off Form is being caressed
Tasks hoped for and yet to be completed include a couple of naps, possibly even a few. There's a large collection of music to not merely be listened to but really absorbed.....Quality Listening is what I refer to it as. I'm promising to stay out of the garage other than to shift the Battery Tenders around the loop; real motorcycle work will not begin until after the holiday. There are two audiobooks that I've been choosing to more closely enjoy than our commutes allow for as well.
Last though not least, a few future Blog Posts that have been drafted will evolve and some new ideas for posts will be started as drafts as well.
I've got a feeling that I'll be even better utilizer of this time off situation in another week and a half than I already am, in fact, so very good that.......
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all the best to our friends in 2014!!
This photo from Christmas 2008........all persons except for me have become more handsome since then. From right (your right) to left, the back half of Annie, our Chocolate Lab, Percy getting her neck scratched, Peg, Lauren, Katlyn, Hanna, Milford the Welsh One, our Marine Corporal Ben and Coop.